- Boys and girls from First Communion through High School are eligible to be altar servers. If this ministry appeals to you, please attend altar server training on Sunday,______ at 4:00 PM in the church. It is a wonderful privilege to serve at the Altar of the Lord.
- For more information, please contact Karen Trappey at (337) 257-2833 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Altar Society meets every other month on the third Thursday at 1:30 PM. The next meeting is ______. Every month on the first Friday, the Society attends the 6:30 AM mass as a group: the next mass is _______. The Society is presently in the process of collecting items for gift bags for the residents of a local nursing home. Donations are appreciated.
- Joyce Savoy is the Altar Society President. Please contact her at (337) 235-0332.
- The St. Leo Choir is open to all vocalists and musicians regardless of level of musicianship. If you are interested, please contact Rafael Henry, our music director.
- Choir rehearasals are conducted on Wednesdays from 6:00-7:30 PM in church, and on Sunday mornings 20 minutes before the 10:30 AM mass in St. Leo parish hall.
- The choir is in residence at the 10:30 AM Sunday liturgy and, also, sings at all major special occasions and holy days. The three special events hosted by the choir are as follows:
- Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols is the Advent service of Christian worship. The Festival recalls the fall of humanity, the promise of the Messiah, and the birth of Jesus. Scripture readings, Christmas Carols, hymns and choir music complete the service.
- Cantata, Touched by the Christ is a compelling reflection of Jesus' final days from the perspectives of Jesus and those surrounding him. Scripture-based monologues and inspirational music complete the Cantata.
- Office of Tenebrae during Holy Week is a Christian religious service celebrated by the Western Church on the evening before or early morning of Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and Holy Saturday. The distinctive ceremony is the gradual extinguishing of candles while a series of readings and psalms are chanted or recited. The St. Leo Choir celebrates the Tenebrae on Holy Wednesday of Holy Week.
Eucharistic Minister ... Lectors
- If you are interested in becoming a Eucharistic Minister and/or Lector, please contact Charlotte Foley at (337) 233-9466.
- If you are a Eucharistic Minister and/or Lector, please consult the Ministries page for schedules.